How To Take Outfit Photos For Instagram

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Here we are again, talking about instagram! By now everyone knows how much I love that app so we're just gonna jump into the post. In today's post I'm gonna share my tips and tricks for taking outfit photos for instagram (and taking photos in general, for your blog, lookbook, etc. )

ps minimalist blog,fashion and beauty blogger valentina batrac,teen fashion bloggers,hrvatske modne blogerice,how to take better outfit photos for instagram,instagram photography tips,a step by step guide to taking fashion photos for instagram


Lighting
It's that time of the year again, when all bloggers struggle with taking any kind of photos. Photos always look super dark and bad quality, especially outfit photos. But I have a few tips to take advantage of the day light (which is basically non-existing) to take the best photos you can.
The best time for taking photos in A/W is around noon, the sun is the strongest then so you'll have the most light.
Also, avoid taking photos right before the sun starts going down because photos tend to have a really strong blue tint.

Background
When it comes to taking a photo, the background can make or break a photo. My instagram theme is white/grey so I tend to take photos in front of a white background. It's usually some kind of wall or door. I also love taking photos on the street. I'd suggest looking around and I'm sure you'll find the perfect background. Choose one that isn't too busy so it doesn't distract from your outfit.

ps minimalist blog,fashion and beauty blogger valentina batrac,teen fashion bloggers,hrvatske modne blogerice,how to take better outfit photos for instagram,instagram photography tips,a step by step guide to taking fashion photos for instagram
Details
When taking photos of my outfit I always try to take a few detailed photos focusing on one part of my outfit (accessories, my bag, shoes, details on my jeans, my face, etc.) That way I can post more than one photo of my outfit without it looking repetitive. And it makes your feed more interesting.

Poses
Posing for photos has always been my nightmare. I never knew how to stand, what to do, where to look... If you're like me, today is your lucky day 'cause I'm gonna share some tips I learnt with you. The first tip is to practise, whether that be in front of the mirror or the camera. Practise makes perfect (almost) It's also good to have a few poses you know look good. Some of my go to poses are walking (that always looks good, just walk on the street while someone is taking photos of you) or standing with my body and face looking on the side with my hands in pockets (look at the photos above and you'll know what I'm talking about). Another one is putting one leg behind the other one and standing on your toes, this one will make you appear a bit taller and your legs will look longer (examples here and here)

ps minimalist blog,fashion and beauty blogger valentina batrac,teen fashion bloggers,hrvatske modne blogerice,how to take better outfit photos for instagram,instagram photography tips,a step by step guide to taking fashion photos for instagram

Edit
Editing makes a huge difference. I always put the exposure and contrast up a little bit (depending on the photo) and sharpen it. Those 3 things help to make a photo better. The app I use for those things and also to add a filter is VSCO Cam.
Another great app is PicsArt which is my secret weapon. I use it to whiten the background if it's not white enough. I also love the clone tool, it's great when you have a spot on the background and you want to remove it. I'm gonna be writing an updated how I edit my instagram photos, so keep an eye on that.

So, these were all my tips for taking outfit photos, I hope you found them helpful. If you have some tips or apps you want to share leave them in a comment. And don't forget to follow my instagram @psminimalist for lots of outfits and random photos.

Did you find this post helpful? What are your best tips for taking outfit photos? Do you have a theme on instagram?

You Might Also Like

0 komentari

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate it. If you have any questions ask me at @fwvblog