Do Numbers Really Matter In Blogging?

Monday, April 04, 2016

fashion with valentina blog,fashion blogger valentina batrac,teen fashion bloggers from croatia,does numbers really matter in blogging,how to stop obsessing over numbers and stats



I have a little different post for today, I won't be sharing any blogging tips this Monday, I wanna talk about something that has been on my mind for a while. And that's numbers and stats in blogging.

When you first start blogging you write for yourself and don't expect anyone to read your blog or follow you, google analytics who? (at least in my case) But then you start seeing that people are visiting your blog, and more and more people visit it and some even leave a comment or follow you and this feeling inside you starts appearing. You want more people to read your blog, want to reach the next milestone on bloglovin, want to have more pageviews than the previous month. You get caught up in numbers and constantly think about them and check google analytics 5 times a day. 


I've been obsessing over number and I thought I was doing something wrong because my numbers didn't go up, they were just standing in one place or they would go down. For months I felt like my blog wasn't growing, like it was stuck in one place and whatever I did it wasn't working. I tried writing posts in hope that people would like them or write about popular topics/posts. I wasn't writing for myself, I was writing for numbers. I was just fooling myself and thought I liked what I was posting. But I wasn't happy, I wasn't doing what I loved.


Honestly, I'm tired of worrying and thinking about stats. I think right now, I'm in that point where I don't care about the numbers. I don't want the stats to take away my blog because that's not the reason I started blogging. I want to write about the things that I like and that I enjoy writing about, I want to write posts I'm proud of. And honestly, I don't care if I get 0 views on a post, as long as I like it I'm happy!


I guess, what I'm trying to say with this post is that we all, in one point, get caught up in numbers but the important thing is to realise it on time and stop it, stop yourself. Because we don't want to feel this way all the time, it's not healthy. Not thinking about the numbers is hard but you feel such a relief and you're so much happier.


I would love to hear your thoughts about this post! What are your thoughts about stats/numbers?

You Might Also Like

0 comments