My Top Photography Tips(For Bloggers)

Monday, October 19, 2015

my top photography tips for bloggers,how to make better blog photos,photography tips for fashion bloggers,photography tips for beauty bloggers,how to take great photos for your blog,fashion with valentina,fashion with valentina blog,fwvblog,fwv blog,valentina batrac,fashion blogger valentina,blog tips,top blogging tips,my top blogging tips,

Hello everyone!
Let's talk about photography a bit. I love photography and really enjoy taking photos of everything and editing them, trying new apps, filters,etc. That's probably the reason why I love instagram so much, I work really hard on my theme and I'm happy with how my feed looks right now(my instagram is @fwvblog if you want to follow me) In today's post I'll share with you my tips on how to take better photos for your blog, you can also use these tips for your instagram. But if you want to know how I edit my instagram photos and my tips, check out this post. I think that photos are one of the most important things about blogs, everyone sees the photo first so it's important to make them the best they can be. I take my photos with my digital camera and sometimes with my phone and I'm really happy with how they look. I don't think you need an expensive DSLR to take good photos, it's all about the person behind the camera who takes the photos. And also editing your photos, editing makes a huge difference. I'll share with you my tips on taking photos, what background to use and my editing tips , I'll just write what I think is important, and what comes to my mind. So, if you want to improve your photography skills, keep on reading.

LIGHTING-Lighting is the first thing people will mention when it comes to photography and I'm sure you all heard it before, and maybe got a little bored of reading the same old thing over and over(?) but it really is very important so I have to mention it!  Natural lighting is the best for taking photos and I recommend taking your photos close to a window to get the best possible lighting. I know it can be a little hard during autumn and winter, that's actually the problem I've had with taking my photos lately but I try to take photos in bulk to take advantage of those (really) rare sunny days.

BACKGROUND-Another important thing to consider before taking your photos is finding the perfect background. I recommend choosing plain one colour background/backdrop that isn't too busy so the subject is in focus. I recommend white background(it can be any white surface or paper you have at home), wooden or marble backdrop or any interesting surface you have at home. Look around your house, you never know what you'll find.

PROPS-Using props is a great way to make your photos more interesting and fill in the blank space. When you're taking a photo of a product it can look a bit plain and boring so adding few props can really help. My favourite props to use are: candles,flowers,coffee,nail polishes, phone,laptop(and other similar devices) makeup products,accessories,magazines,books,notebooks,etc. Choosing props depends on you niche or the product you're photographing. These props are also great for #flatlay-s for instagram!


my top photography tips for bloggers,how to make better blog photos,photography tips for fashion bloggers,photography tips for beauty bloggers,how to take great photos for your blog,fashion with valentina,fashion with valentina blog,fwvblog,fwv blog,valentina batrac,fashion blogger valentina,blog tips,top blogging tips,my top blogging tips,


EDITING-On the photo above you can see the photo I edited and how it looked before editing. It's not hard to choose which one looks better,right?! I didn't edit much, I just played around a bit with brightness,contrast,saturation and sharpen the photo. That's pretty much all I do with my photos, I just make them a little brighter and the colours more vibrant. I edit my photos with PicMonkey which is free online tool for editing photos. I also use it for collages, graphics and writings. It's really simple to use and has so many different options, it's like all your favourite apps in one! That's how I edit my photos, it's really simple but it makes a huge difference.

So, these were my tips. I really hope I didn't forget anything but I think I covered the basics. If you have any questions or have tips to share, please leave a comment down below. If I remember something I forgot to mention, who knows, maybe I'll write part 2 for this post. I love reading photography tips and learning new things so I really hope you found my tips helpful. If you want to know how to improve your instagram game, check out this post

What are your top photography tips? How do you edit your blog photos? Did you find these tips helpful?

You Might Also Like

12 komentari

  1. It’s such a lovely and beautiful post! I’d like to say that I’ve been reading your blog for some time and I like your style of writing and the posts that you shares with us! Great job!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips. I always strive to improve my photography skills so your post is so handy.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Please come and check out mine!

    sprinkleofroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, so interesting ;)

    Kisses from Spain

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    SOFT TONES OUTFIT OF THE DAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! Lighting can really make such a big difference in how photos turn out. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great tips! I have never tried PicMonkey but I heard its awesome!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post lovely and fantastic photography tips! Thank you so much for sharing, I have learned so much from your blog post :) I absolutely love all of your photos, they are always so beautiful and very professional :).

    El xx xx

    www.elsfashionfix.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really appreciated the tips for lighting, thank you!

    I have just recently nominated you for the Liebster award if you want to check out the details below x

    Chloe http://mysecondattemptthistime.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an informative post. Als a long time blogger I can say alle these points you mention are staples for blog photography, though I have just recently getting started with picmonkey😊

    Do drop by... GreenStory

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this kind of posts, I found them so useful!
    I always try to use natural light when taking pics, but now that's not so easy I bought a ring light and it's really good actually! I then always edit my pics making them even lighter and airy if it's possible! :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for those tips, I'll take them into account xx


    lilacpony.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate it. If you have any questions ask me at @fwvblog